Thursday, January 7, 2010

7.5/365 Bubblicous


If you let your child watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, beware. This movie taught my child one very dangerous habit. Tonight at supper, David apparently stuck his big, juicy wad of bubble gum behind his ear a la Violet Beauregard. I say "apparently" because I had no idea this had happened until about an hour after he went to bed and he stumbled to the bathroom, stringing pink bubblegum along the way. Yes... really. I was dumbfounded. How do you get layers of gum off a warm ear? You can't stick it in the freezer and scrape it off with a knife. The poor kid was so upset that I couldn't actually be mad at him, especially since he's already a bundle of emotion since he was half asleep. These are the things that the instructors leave out of the parenting handbook, yet these same things are what makes it an amazing adventure!

1 comment: