Sunday, January 10, 2010

10/365 Read with Me



There are many beautiful memories of milestones I have with our children... first coo, first steps, first words, first haircut. It was amazing to watch our boys throw their first baseball, kick their first soccer ball and swing their first bat. I must say, though, that one of the amazing firsts that I've experienced is hearing the boys read their first books. I'm not talking about words on a sign or a billboard, but a "real" book. The first time David and Tyler sat down and read a book on their own to me brought me to tears. What a special milestone! Not only was I bursting with pride, but so were they. I feel very blessed that they have developed their skill and love of reading. Woo hoo! So today's picture reflects that enjoyment of reading with the added bonus of closeness as a Father-Son moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment