Tuesday, January 26, 2010

26/365 Perspective

Today was a long day - very long day. I declared today as the kick off for Operation Mulligan with my students. It was a great day, but just as exhausting as the "actual: first day of school. So, when today's Daily Shoot prompt was to take a picture from a different perspective, I just couldn't muster up any more energy. Instead, I decided to go back into the "vault" and find something in our family collection.



Could those same big boys from yesterday's photo be these little men at just 3 1/2 months? It's funny because when they were little people would ask me how we could possibly tell them apart. I never understood how they got the boys confused. They don't look anything alike. I was obviously so in tune to every little nuance of a difference in their smiles, demeanors, fingers and toes that I couldn't see them through the eyes of our friends. Looking back on these photos now, I chuckle because now I can see the boys through that different lens, of someone somewhat removed. They are still unique and different in so many ways to me, but this photo reminds me of how similar they are as well. Can you tell them apart?

2 comments: