Sunday, January 3, 2010

3/365 Fiesta, Food, Family, Fun


Today was a bit harder. I meant to take the camera to church and take a photo there since First Baptist is such a big part of our lives. I guess I'll just have to save that one for another day. Instead, I went back to the Daily Shoot page looking for inspiration. Yesterday's prompt was to focus on something yellow. I wandered around the house looking for something yellow - a yellow bowl filled with bananas and Golden Delicious apples, a container of Play-Doh, a post-it note. Yet nothing really captured my attention until I settled on my favorite dishes. While not primarily yellow, the Mexican Pottery inspired pattern is still beautiful to me. These dishes were our wedding registry dishes from Pier One in 2001, and I laugh because I still see them in sitcoms and such today. So, I believe these dishes do tell a story of our lives. We have certainly shared meals and memories with these items.

1 comment:

  1. In 2010, I'm going to be your most frequent commenter! I'll start with: I remember these, much more interesting that a post-it note.

    ReplyDelete