Friday, January 15, 2010

15/365 Sunrise



I am so blessed that I get to start my day with a beautiful drive to work. I drive just 10 minutes through downtown Washington and over the Pamlico River. The view of the revitalized waterfront is always stunning. Sometimes the water is as still as glass, and it looks like you could walk on it. Sailboats and fishermen dot the water at all hours of the day. The lights of the waterfront walkways reflect off the river. In any direction, it really is picture perfect. This morning I captured this picture with just my Blackberry. I hope to one day brave the bridge with my "real" camera to capture this view as the sun rises over downtown. Who can have a bad day when it starts like this?

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic. Reminds me of home. When the water is like that it was called "dead slick calm", pronounced "dead slick cam" in the local dialect. In fact, we had 3 different types of calm - calm, dead calm, & dead slick calm. Almost as many ways as the Eskimos have for ice :-)

    ReplyDelete