Wednesday, May 12, 2010

131/365

I'm doing lots of thinking lately, which can be dangerous and scary. I can't pinpoint anything that's led to this pontificating mood, but I do think of a few dad-isms that I can't help but to recall.
1) Don't let the rabbits get to you or the elephants will kill you. There have been lots of times when I've asked myself which category my dilemma would fall into, and there have been times that my "rabbits" reminded me of those in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
2) Personal best is what matters most. John Wooden has always been one of my dad's heroes, and as I get older, I find that I turn to his words more and more. If you haven't read anything by Coach Wooden, I recommend that you put your hands on anything of his right away.
3) Ice cream make everything better. Tonight it was a single scoop of Muddy Sneakers from Scoops and some time on the waterfront benches with my boys. Luckily, that was all it took!
There are many more, including true stories and true stories that he made up, and I am positive that you will be privileged to hear more someday soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment