Monday, February 15, 2010

46/365 Big Boys

Today I want to brag on my boys. This weekend was their first real experience with the death of a loved one, the activities and solemness that surrounds these times, and long days of quiet and solitude. To be honest, I didn't know how it would go, but I hoped for the best. Our little men proved better than we could have dreamed. They showed their respect, caring and compassion countless times over this long weekend. They sat peacefully and quietly through hours of services, visitations and more. They met extended family and visited for long periods of time, chatting and playing quietly. In many ways, I think David and Tyler crossed a new line this weekend. They certainly asked questions about death and about Papaw, but they seemed to really internalize what was happening and the love that everyone felt despite their sorrow. Kudos to my boys. I'm so proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment