Wednesday, February 10, 2010

41/365 Cloud Gazing

The sky fascinates me. It always has. As a kid, I remember loving watching the weather. During late night storms, I would pull a chair up to my bedroom window and watch with fascination as the lightning would illuminate the backyard. I remember sitting on the old porch swing with my dad while at our summer house in Carolina Beach right after we moved to Wilmington. As the sky grew darker, we would sit outside on the porch and watch the storms rage off the coast - never to actually make the turn inland. Cloud watching is always another great pastime. This morning's ominous skies and gale force winds brought a whole new meaning to the idea of finding cloud shapes. In the top picture, I see a turtle swimming on its back. I wonder what you see?!

No comments:

Post a Comment