Monday, November 28, 2011

My Papaw, Reverend John H. Pace, Sr.

Tyler chose to write his elders essay about his great-grandfather, Rev. John H. Pace Sr. We wanted to share that with you all also.


     My papaw's name is Reverend John H. Pace, Sr. He was my dad's grandfather. He is from Pickens, South Carolina. He lived in Lexington, North Carolina and worked at Reeds Baptist Church. 
     Papaw was important to many people. He taught people to help each other, and he taught them about Jesus. He had many roles in the community. He served in the Army. He was a pastor. He had four children, nine grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren. 
     Most of all, John Pace was a preacher and family man. He was a beautiful singer. He taught about Jesus and to be kind to one another. For fun, he liked to fish, do crossword puzzles, sing and garden. He also love to read and write. He was interested in war history and studying about God. 
     Papaw taught me many things. He taught me how to pray. He taught me to always be kind to other people. I also learned to love singing from him. Even though he died when I was seven, my life is better for knowing him. I have learned to be strong in my beliefs and love my family.
     My papaw is special to me because he taught me many things. My life is better because Papaw taught me how to talk to God. He taught me lessons to be kind. 

1 comment: