Monday, November 28, 2011

My Grandpa, Bill Wade

This weekend, the twins were assigned Elders Essays to write for a class assignment. This is a tradition at Cherokee Elementary School and helps our students focus on honoring and respecting their elders. David chose his grandpa, Bill Wade. Tyler chose his great-grandpa, Papaw, John H. Pace. Today and tomorrow, I decided to allow them to publish those essays here for us to always remember.

From David...

     My grandfather is Bill Wade. He is my mom's dad. He grew up in Goshen, Indiana. Now he lives in Whispering Pines, North Carolina. He is a retired teacher.
     Bill Wade is important because he taught lots of people lots of things. His role in the community included being a basketball coach, a special education teacher, and a person who sticks up for kids who have learning problems. He is the head of the Wade family.
     Bill Wade is always busy. Since he is retired, he plays a lot of golf, and he travels. He has been to Scotland and Florida. He fishes a lot and comes to visit us in the mountains. For fun, my grandpa likes to fly fish, swim, golf, and kayak. He also likes to help other people. He is interested in golf, the history of golf, fly fishing, and learning new things.
     My grandpa has taught me many things. He taught me to play golf and to slow down and take my time. When he taught me to fish, he also taught me to be patient. My life is better because I know him. He makes life fun, and the lessons he teaches me will help me my whole life.
     Bill Wade is the best grandpa in the world. I learn new things from him every day that make me a better person.





2 comments: