Thursday, September 22, 2011

10 Years Ago TODAY

On September 22, 2001, UNC beat FSU in football for the first time ever. I remember the game clearly. I sat in my hotel room, eating pizza, drinking champagne, getting my hair done, and yelling at the football. I spend a lot of time around football, but I don't remember any other game that clearly (except the LMS game the same year when Timmy ran for 3 back-to-back-to-back 80+ yard touchdowns, none of which counted due to block in the back calls, but that's another story). The reason that game is so memorable is that it was also the day that Davy and I got married, sharing our anniversary with Granny & Papa's 50th and Nana & Papaw's 27th anniversaries.

It hasn't always been fun. It isn't always easy. But, it's always worth it. I can't imagine my life without Davy and our three sweet boys. I am thankful every day for the blessing that is our marriage!

1 comment:

  1. That is cool that you share your anniversary with 2 other generations. Neat!

    ReplyDelete