Monday, March 8, 2010

67/365 Chatting

My parents are skyping. My sister is skyping. Even my kids are skyping. My class is skyping, too. I'm giving a workshop on skyping to teachers this week. So, what's that all about? It's funny because my parents actually one-upped me on this one. They got back from a trip to Scotland and were going on and on about Skype for making free video-conference calls. Apparently, landlines are so expensive in the UK that many people there use this free service for all of their calls. Anyways, when they got back, they insisted that we pick up a webcam so that they could Skype with their grandbabies (forget us, I know). Since then, the program has taken off worldwide. This pic shows David and Davy chatting over Skype after school today in my room, talking about their day. Talk about bringing down walls!

1 comment:

  1. This is SO cool! I started Skyping with friends that are out of town when I got my MacBook with the webcam. I'm hoping to figure out how to set up a camera in my classroom so I can Skype with friends' classes in other cities. Will any of your inservice info be online? ;)

    ReplyDelete